Generally premature babies low and very low birth weight babies, babies with congenital conditions, babies with complications like meconium aspiration or respiratory distress and babies requiring intensive phototherapy are admitted to the NICU.
At Chennai New life, we can cater all babies requiring levels I, II, III of care
For this, we are well equipped with a wide range of facilities like oxygen, infusion pumps, syringe pumps, suction facilities, ventilators, CPAP, blenders, T-piece resuscitators, vital stats monitors, parenteral nutrition, phototherapy units etc.
There is an isolation area to handle potentially infectious cases.
We also have laboratory services, pharmacy and provide blood component therapy if needed.
The care given to newborn is individualized and pediatricians practice evidence based medicine and follow internationally accepted protocols. The team works closely with the babies family as they deal with medical conditions.
We encourage the mothers to continue exclusive breastfeeding and bonding with babies even following discharge and our nurses are trained in providing assistance with breastfeeding, bathing, cleaning and other day-to-day care of newborn.
The babies are followed up periodically as needed in our well equiped child health OPD. As part of our outpatient service, we do Hearing assesments, detailed ophthalmological examination for ‘Retinopathy of prematurity’.
We offer immunization and metabolic screening and Pediatric facilities. Complete immunization for children of all age groups.
1. Breathing difficulties due to asthma exacerbation bronchiolitis or other viral respiratory infections
2. Evaluate and provide postnatal care to Healthy newborn infants
3. Care of babies born to high risk mothers
4. Care of low birth weight and premature babies
5. Care of sick newborn
6. Allergic reactions
7. Dehydration and electrolyte imbalances
8. Minor Injuries, ingestions and infections
9. Respiratory problems like pneumonia
10. Evaluation and management of fever of unknown origin